TERMS OF SERVICE
- Informational Purposes Only; Intended Use of Website You acknowledge that the content of the Website is provided for informational purposes only and is intended to provide information regarding XIC’s operations, past, current or potential investments, and other initiatives, including but not limited to, ESG-related matters. The Website is not intended to solicit investors for any security or investment product managed or sponsored by XIC and may not be relied upon for such purpose. Nothing contained in the Website constitutes an offer to sell, a recommendation or a solicitation of an offer to purchase any investments or securities of any investment vehicle managed or sponsored by XIC. Any such offer or solicitation will be made only pursuant to a confidential offering memorandum, subscription agreement and other applicable offering documents relating to such vehicles which will qualify in their entirety any information on the Website and will be subject to the terms and conditions contained in such documents. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results, and you should not assume that any results for portfolio investments of XIC funds will be achieved for other investments. To the extent the Website contains forward-looking statements with respect to XIC’s portfolio investments, you should be aware that future results may differ significantly from those anticipated by such forward looking statements.
XIC’s provision of information to you through the Website, including information regarding XIC’s current and historical portfolio investments, does not constitute the rendering of investment, consulting, legal, accounting, tax or other advice or services. You should not rely upon the information on the Website for making business, investment or other decisions or use such information as a substitute for consultation with professional advisors.
XIC’s Operating Advisors and Strategic Advisors assist XIC with sourcing, due diligence and evaluation of potential investments, serving as full-time executives of portfolio companies, serving as directors of portfolio companies and acting as senior advisors to XIC with respect to potential and existing investments. Operating Advisors and Strategic Advisors are not employees of XIC. They are engaged by XIC as consultants, and related fees, other compensation or expenses of the Operating Advisors and Strategic Advisors may be charged to XIC’s funds or portfolio companies.
- Accessing the Website and Account Security
- Intellectual Property Rights
Unless otherwise noted, the Website, and all material on the Website, including text, images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, video clips and other materials, and the copyrights, trademarks, trade dress and/or other intellectual property in such materials (collectively, the “Contents”), are owned, controlled or licensed by XIC.
The Website and the Contents are intended solely for personal, non-commercial use. You may download or copy the Contents and other downloadable materials displayed on the Website for your personal use only. No right, title or interest in any downloaded Content is transferred to you as a result of any such downloading or copying. You may not reproduce (except as noted above), publish, transmit, distribute, display, modify, create derivative works from, sell or exploit in any way any of the Contents or the Website.
XIC’s name and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of XIC or its licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of XIC. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- Prohibited Uses
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Remove or obscure any copyright or other notices or legends contained in any of the material downloaded from the Website.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Use the Website, or encourage or assist others to use the Website to violate any law, regulation, rule or the intellectual property or contractual rights of others, or gain access to the identities, information or computers of others through the Website.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
- Links from the Website
If the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
- Transmission to and from the Website
Any communication or content that you sent to the Website is and will be deemed to be non-confidential as between you and us, and XIC will be free to use, modify, reproduce and distribute it for any purpose without compensation to you.
- International Use
The Website is operated and controlled by us in the United States, and the content provided in or accessible through the Website is, unless otherwise specified, directed at residents of the United States. Despite the global nature of the Internet, XIC makes no claims that the Website is appropriate or may be viewed or used outside the United States.
Access to the Website from countries or territories where such access is illegal is prohibited. XIC makes no representations that the transactions, products or services discussed on or accessible through the Website are available or appropriate for sale or use in all jurisdictions or by all users. Those who access the Website from outside the United States do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, rules and regulations.
- Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our Website for any reconstruction of any lost data.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER XIC NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH XIC MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER XIC NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH XIC REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS. XIC HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY CLAIMS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, COSTS OR DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (“DAMAGES”) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY ACCESS, USE (OR INABILITY TO USE) OR DISTRIBUTION OF THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING DAMAGES CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT, DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF OR USE OF ANY ASSET, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF
ACTION, OR ANY CONTENT OBTAINED THROUGH USE OF THE WEBSITE. THIS IS TRUE EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- Contact Us